Tuesday, September 28, 2010

8 Months

Hi friends,

Look how I've grown. :) I can't believe I'm already 8 months pregnant and that my first baby shower is on Saturday. I remember my bridal shower and how unreal that felt. Now, I'm having a baby. :) For those of you that don't know, we will be naming our boy Ezekiel David. Ezekiel means strength of God and David means beloved. David is also my brother's name and Matt's brother's middle name. We will nickname him Zeke.:) Ty's getting very excited about the baby coming. He doesn't really want to touch my tummy to feel him kick though. :) I asked him if he wanted to yesterday and he said no because the baby will just stop kicking. :) Zeke is kicking and moving a ton these days. So fun!!!

Let's see, within the last 3 months, we have been very busy getting ready to bring a new addition into our lives, our family, and our home. I have been organizing the house like crazy. Matt and Ty think I'm very silly because I'm constantly moving things to make space for all the new items that we will be receiving. I also have been addicted to Garage Sales. My good friend, Sheree, calls it Sailing. :) It's been SUPER fun finding great deals for Christmas, and baby clothes and shoes for Zeke. Oh, we also had a garage sale ourselves. We made some good money and took everything else to the goodwill. It was great to get rid of so much junk.

Matt has been working at his new job, JB Hunt, for over 2 months now and really enjoying it. The first month or so was difficult because he was trying to really understand all his responsibilities, etc. It makes it especially hard when his boss and the ones that trained him are at the San Francisco branch. But Matt, being as brilliant as he is, is now ready to take over the company. :) He's enjoying it much more now that he has been there for a few months. He's doing great and meeting goals, etc. I'm SO proud of him.

And, speaking of jobs, as of Nov. 5th, I will no longer be working outside the home. Nov. 5th is my last day at Chapman. I'm going to stay home and raise my boys. :) I will be teaching voice, piano, and tutoring, so if you know anyone who is interested, send them my way. I already have 3 students so my business is already on its way. I have taught lessons many times throughout the last 10 years so it's nothing new. :) I'm excited to be a stay at home mommy. It will benefit us all. I know it will be VERY difficult at times but I believe it's well worth it. Ty is going to need me home more too because for the first time in his 8 years, he's not going to be the only one. It will be a shock to him but I know he's mature enough to handle it and will really enjoy taking care of his brother. Newton is pretty excited too. :)

Ty's now in 3rd grade and doing GREAT. Academically, he's the top of his class and he's doing much better with his behavior. His teacher just calls him talkative and energetic. :) Oh, yes, that's my son. He's also pretty proud that he already knows all his times tables which is what they learn in 3rd grade. I guess it helps having a teacher as a mom. :)

This summer, we stayed very busy. Ty went to his first over night church camp with my parents' church. He loved it and was extremely tired when he came home. He swam, canoed, played every sport possible, learned more about God, and stayed up way too late. Ty also went to my parents' timeshare out in Escondido for a few days too. We were able to join them for a few days and played golf. Very fun. The end of Aug, we went camping in Santa Barbara with some great friends from up north. What a fun time, especially eating SHHMORES.:)

Newton turned 5 in Aug and we had a little pool party with her girlfriend, Shadow. :) Ty also had his spiritual birthday on Aug. 15th. He's been a Follower of Jesus for 2 years and is very excited to keep reading his Bible and learning more.

Matt and I have been taking childbirth classes and that has been great. It's been a great bonding time for us and we find ourselves laughing at many parts of the class. :)

Football has started and Matt and Ty have been glued to the TV. Luckily, I enjoy it too. We bought Zeke 49er bibs and onesies. Matt is VERY anxious to see Zeke wear them. Newton has already tried one bib on. :)

Another favorite hobby of mine is getting together with friends. We have been SO blessed with many wonderful friends. Love you ALL!!!












So, the month after next (almost next month), we will be holding our very own baby boy. Praise Jesus!!!

1 comment: